Homeless to Housing
Array ( [id] => 1029 [alt] => [title] => Veteran [caption] => [description] => [mime_type] => image/jpeg [url] => http://communitylinknc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Veteran.jpg [width] => 440 [height] => 245 [sizes] => Array ( [thumbnail] => http://communitylinknc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Veteran-150x150.jpg [thumbnail-width] => 150 [thumbnail-height] => 150 [medium] => http://communitylinknc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Veteran-300x167.jpg [medium-width] => 300 [medium-height] => 167 [medium_large] => http://communitylinknc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Veteran.jpg [medium_large-width] => 440 [medium_large-height] => 245 [large] => http://communitylinknc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Veteran.jpg [large-width] => 440 [large-height] => 245 [bones-thumb-600] => http://communitylinknc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Veteran-440x150.jpg [bones-thumb-600-width] => 440 [bones-thumb-600-height] => 150 [bones-thumb-300] => http://communitylinknc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Veteran-300x100.jpg [bones-thumb-300-width] => 300 [bones-thumb-300-height] => 100 [post-thumbnail] => http://communitylinknc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Veteran-125x125.jpg [post-thumbnail-width] => 125 [post-thumbnail-height] => 125 ) )
Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
SSVF is a service of Community Link’s Homeless to Housing program. The service targets very low-income Veterans and their families who are homeless or on the verge of homelessness.
In the spirit of our other homeless to housing services, our specialists identify a rental apartment or house in the community that you can realistically afford and that fits your individual or family needs.
Temporary financial assistance (rent, utilities, security deposits) are provided as well as home visits from a professional housing team member to provide connections to other resources that will assist with financial and housing stability.
After leaving SSVF, you remain in your rental unit to sustain your own housing.
SSVF is available in the following North Carolina counties:
Eligibility for this Service
- You must be a United States Veteran. This is defined as an individual who has served in the active military, naval, or air services, and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.
- If a family, the head of household, or the spouse of the head of household, must be a Veteran.
- You (or your family) has NO other housing options, NO financial resources or support networks to obtain or remain in housing. If not for this program, you would be homeless.
- Your household income must be 50% or below of the Area Median Income (AMI).
Additionally, you must fit into one of these categories:
- Individual or family must be currently residing in permanent housing and at risk of being homeless.
- If currently homeless, the individual or family is scheduled to become a resident of permanent housing within 90 days pending the location or development of suitable permanent housing.
- The individual or family has exited permanent housing within the previous 90 days in order to seek housing more responsive to their needs and preferences.
Contact us at 704-943-9490 or 800-977-1969 or by email.