Homeless to Housing
Travelers Aid is a service of our Homeless to Housing program and provides free Greyhound bus vouchers to assist individuals and their families who are seeking relocation to a safe, stable, and supportive home. Individuals must be:
- Fleeing domestic violence
- Exiting jail
- Experiencing a medical emergency
A face-to-face assessment at Community Link’s office (601 East 5th Street, Suite 220, 28202) with one of our housing team members is required.
Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
At the meeting, you must have documentation of one of the following:
- Fleeing domestic violence: police report, letter from a domestic violence shelter, court documentation, restraining order, contact from a social worker.
- Exiting jail: court documentation, documentation from a parole officer, contact from correctional facility
- Experiencing a medical emergency: discharge papers/orders, American Disability Act, contact from hospital
Additionally, all travelers must provide a name and phone number for a contact person in the destination city. This person will need to confirm housing in the destination city.
For further questions, contact us at 704-943-9490 or 800-977-1969 or email us.